As a community volunteer, a businesswoman, teacher, and mom I bring with me a unique perspective when considering issues that come before the Council.
Creating a balance between the preservation of our quality of life and thoughtful planning of new communities, while also maintaining the City’s character and charm is vital for our thriving community.
I support shopping local, the concept of local bidder preference on City projects, keeping city fees affordable for all residents, and streamlining the permit process where possible. Always working to be on the forefront of changes that ease the burden of doing business here, I brought to Council a policy change to ease restrictions on certain businesses, and I still look for ways to cut even further. I have also gained a reputation for my outreach to the community on all issues that come before the Council, as well as for my involvement in our many community activities.
As the City’s leaders, it is our job to create and maintain a vibrant and thriving community for our residents. At the same time, we must anticipate the needs of our future generations. This can only happen if we come together with a thoughtful vision for Vista, which includes prudent financial management; well planned and managed growth; increasing cultural and recreational amenities; and continuing to create opportunities for business. This is the Vision to which I remain committed.
It has been my privilege to serve you these past four years and I would be honored to have your support on November 8th for re-election to the Vista City Council.
Current Council Appointments
• Deputy Mayor
• Encina Wastewater Authority Board of Directors
• Encina Wastewater Authority Policy & Finance Committee – Chairwoman
• League of California Cities San Diego Division – 1st Vice President
• League of California Cities Revenue & Taxation Policy Committee
• League of California Cities Member of the Latino and Women’s Caucuses
• SANDAG – Public Safety Committee (Alternate)
• SANDAG – Regional Energy Working Group (Alternate)
• SANDAG – Board of Directors (Alternate)
• Regional Solid Waste Agency (RSWA) (Alternate)
• North County Gang Suppression Committee (Alternate)
• North County Transit District (Alternate)
• North County Commission on Senior Well Being Emergency Services Committee
Community Service & Volunteer Positions (Partial Listing)
• City of Vista Parks & Recreation Commissioner (2007-2012) Former Vice Chairman
• Vista Pop Warner Cheer Coach – (2006-2007)
• Daughters of the American Revolution, Rancho Buena Vista Chapter (2005 – Present)
• Children of the American Revolution – California Senior State Committee Chairman
• Boy Scouts of America – many positions including District Commissioner (1999-current)
• Boy Scouts of America – Summer Camp Director (2004-2013)
• Girl Scouts USA – Troop Leader, Goodwill Ambassador Troop (2004-2011)
• Vista Unified School District Common Ground Task Force (1995)
Awards and Recognitions (Partial Listing)
• Rancho Buena Vista Adobe – President’s Award
• Girl’s Inc. – 1 of 100 Strong, Smart, Bold Women in San Diego County
• California State Bar – Wiley E. Manual Award for Pro Bono Legal Services (x3)
• U S Olympic Committee – Certificate of Appreciation
• Community Service Center for the Disabled – Certificate of Appreciation
• San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program – Community Service Award
• Boy Scouts of America – Silver Beaver Award
• Who’s Who Among American Women (1999)
• Who’s Who in American Law (1997)
• Who’s Who Among Young American Professionals (1987)
➢ University of Southern California – Executive Education Certificate in Public Policy
➢ American School of Protocol, Atlanta, GA – Etiquette Consultant Certification
➢ University of San Diego – Graduate Paralegal Studies Diploma in Civil Litigation
Ms. Rigby also holds a degree in Social Science and is a published author, speaker, and teacher. She and her husband still live in the home where they raised their two children, both of whom were on the City’s Youth Commission, each serving as Chairman. Please follow Deputy Mayor Rigby on Facebook and Twitter @AYRVISTA.